A classic snack with a modern spin with Apeel Apples that help to create a more abundant future of good food.
- 6 medium-sized Apeel Apples (Honeycrisp or Gala) (avoids 120 grams GHG emissions)
- No added sugar needed!
- Rinse and peel apples, core, and chop into ~1-inch pieces or smaller
- Boil chopped apples and several dashes of cinnamon in a pot, filled with enough water to just cover the apples. Boil until apples are soft enough to mash
- Drain off most of the water and mash the apples. Add more water if the applesauce is too thick
- Add cinnamon to taste and enjoy!
Special thanks to Allie Gebbie, Apeel's Manager, Regulatory Affairs, for this Fresh Applesauce recipe.