The oncoming warm summer days full of barbecues and beach days means it’s the perfect time to relax with a highly-refreshing cocktail; may we suggest a mojito? The iconic Cuban drink combines sweetness, citrus, and mint, and is even rumored to be a favorite by author Ernest Hemingway.
This National Mojito Day, Apeel is utilizing sustainable limes to make our own version of the favored indulgence with a twist. Made with longer-lasting Apeel Limes, here is one of our treasured recipes for a delicious and fresh mint mojito that also helps to reduce food waste. Raise a glass using our delightful wasteless in-house recipe. This recipe makes 1 serving and is courtesy of Apeel’s IT Manager, Danny Gonzalez. Sip and enjoy!
- 1 Apeel Lime cut into quarters
- ⅓ of a cup of mint
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1-3 ounces of white rum
- Seltzer water or White Claw for an extra boozy drink (optional)
- In a cup put half a lime (quartered), sugar, and mint.
- Mash the mixture, mashing the limes first. Be sure not to over-mash so that the drink doesn’t get too bitter!
- Add ice.
- Add white rum.
- Stir, to mix the flavors.
- Top off with seltzer water (optional).
- Give the mixture a final stir for good measure!
- Drink and enjoy!
Check out more recipes using Apeel produce on our blog!