This summer, the heat is on, meaning it’s peak cucumber season!
Cucumbers are made up of mostly water (around 95%), which takes more energy to absorb heat than air. This is why cucumbers will always be cooler than their surroundings (U of A System Division of Agriculture). Having sorbet is a quick and easy way to cool down while taking advantage of this cucumber season. This three-ingredient Apeel-Protected Cucumber Sorbet recipe is refreshing and sweet, making it the perfect summer dessert.
To serve 4:
- 2 plastic-free Apeel-Protected Cucumbers
- 1.5 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Mint for garnish
- Cut the cucumbers into medium dice. Place diced cucumbers in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Add frozen cucumbers to a Vitamix or high-speed blender along with the sugar and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, adding water as necessary to help blend the mixture. Add back in the freezer for 1 hour to let it set. Once frozen and set, fluff it up with a fork.
- Serve in a sorbet glass and garnish with fresh mint!
To see if plastic-free Apeel-Protected Cucumbers are available at a store near you, visit our store locator.